So, I totally had some delicious donuts this morning – wanted to share some healthy recipes with you guys. Thanks to paleomg.com for the amazing recipe!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
– 3 bananas
– 5 dates
– 3 eggs
– 1/4 cup of coconut flour
– 1/8 cup of honey
– 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
– ¼ teaspoon baking soda
– ¼ teaspoon baking powder
– pinch of salt
– ½ cup dark chocolate chips, melted
– 1 teaspoons ground coffee
– coarse sea salt (to top donuts-optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place bananas, honey, and dates in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Then add the eggs, coconut flour, oil, vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda and powder, and salt to your food processor and puree until completely combined.
- Grease your donut pan and pour ingredients into pan. My ingredients made 6 perfect donuts.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until completely cooked through (poke a toothpick through one to make sure it comes out clean.
- Let cool.
- Once donuts are cool, melt your chocolate in a shallow bowl and mix in your ground coffee.
- Now dip the top of your donut directly into the melted chocolate, then top with a bit of coarse sea salt.